If you need to validate your user identity at the Tax Agency, it is essential to use a digital certificate. You should know that the agency has more than 50 procedures that require its use, such as requesting information on invoices or filing returns and self-assessment. To get the most out of your digital certificate, stay with us until the end of this article and learn when to use digital certificate, let’s go!
What is a digital certificate and what is it for?
The digital certificate is a document, nowadays, of great importance in your daily life. It allows the identification of people on the Internet with data that have been authenticated by the Tax Authorities or the Social Security.
In addition to guaranteeing the security of your data, its main function is the electronic signature of documents in a quick and easy way, without the need to leave home to carry out important procedures.
Its software format, which does not require a card reader, allows you to install it on all kinds of devices: your cell phone, your computer or your tablet. But why should you use a digital certificate?
Mainly, it will allow you to authenticate yourself in the electronic networks of Public Administrations such as the AEAT, SEPE, City Councils, among others. Remember that the electronic offices are web pages where you will have to carry out certain formalities and that thanks to having a digital certificate they are much easier.
Also, you will be able to generate an advanced digital signature that guarantees that each of the documents signed by you cannot be manipulated or altered. For example, contracts, university documents, leases, commercial documents, justifications, petitions, summons, etc.
Finally, you will be able to carry out online procedures with the Public Administrations, such as fiscal domicile, file and pay taxes, apply for the European health card, apply for pensions and benefits or modify bank details.
In addition, its 2-year validity allows you to renew it online without having to go anywhere physically. Know the procedures in which you should use digital certificate to simplify your procedures and protect your important documents.
You may also be interested in: How to renew the digital certificate?
When will you need to use a digital certificate?
Over the past year we have experienced significant changes in our work and social habits. The implementation of telework has transformed the way we carry out our work tasks, but it has also affected the way we interact socially and go to public places.
Despite these changes, we still need to carry out important administrative procedures such as filing tax returns, applying for maternity benefits or, in the case of retirement, applying for the corresponding pension.
So, how will your routine be more efficient when using a digital certificate? For example, using it to perform banking operations, manage company data, carry out procedures with the Commercial Registry or access certain online resources.
Below you will find the most essential procedures. It is important to note that these procedures must be carried out in the electronic headquarters of each institutional entity. That is, from platforms, web pages or mobile applications:
In addition to these two essential institutions for the fulfillment of tax and administrative procedures, there are other electronic offices where you can use a digital certificate:
General Directorate of Traffic (DGT)
- The app of this public entity, MIDGT, allows you to perform the procedures to process your driver’s license or any documentation for your vehicle.
- If you register in the application, you will be able to carry out various procedures, such as paying fines, filing pleadings or appeals.
- You can check the balance of points on your driver’s license and verify outstanding fines or your driving history.
- Another of the platform’s functionalities is to request a duplicate driver’s license in case of loss or misplacement.
State Public Employment Service (SEPE)
- You can apply for unemployment benefits if you meet the established requirements.
- By using a digital certificate you have the option to consult and obtain certificates detailing the status of your unemployment benefits.
- This site allows you to extend your subsidy every six months in order to continue receiving financial aid.
- As a company, you can manage administrative recruitments.
- You can modify the bank details associated with your benefit to ensure that payments are made correctly.
- Also, you can terminate a benefit if you are no longer eligible to continue receiving the benefit.
Ministry of Justice
- You have the option of applying for an electronic criminal record certificate, which we know is in high demand for visas and other public applications.
- You can also obtain the certificate of crimes of a sexual nature, which certifies whether a person has been convicted of this type of crime.
- By using a digital certificate, you can apply for Spanish nationality by residence at the electronic office of the Ministry, after fulfilling the established requirements.
- Allows you to obtain electronic birth and marriage certificates for use in legal proceedings.
- The site gives you access to historical documents from the General Archive of the Ministry of Justice.
Real estate cadastre
- Through the platform you can consult and obtain certificates of real estate data associated to the owner, in order to know the cadastral information of the property.
- Do you need to make changes in the ownership of a property, such as changes of owner or ownership? For this process you only need to use a digital certificate and have access to your account in the electronic office.
- In addition, if you need to communicate reforms and changes of use of real estate, so that the cadastral information reflects the modifications made, you can do it online and from home.
- Finally, you can apply for the registration of storage rooms and parking spaces and proindiviso.
You may also be interested in: Digital custody: how to protect your digital certificate
How to obtain your digital certificate?
If you need to carry out online procedures with the public administration or private entities, it is very likely that you have been asked to use a digital certificate.
If you don’t have one yet, don’t worry, getting one is a simple process that you can do from the comfort of your home. Do you know the best thing about it? Now you can process it easily from our website in just 30 minutes.
Just follow these steps:
You may also be interested in: How to install the digital certificate on the computer?
Whether you are an individual or a legal entity, the use of a digital certificate can be the solution, either to automate your business or to meet your tax obligations as a Spanish resident. Join the digitalization and improve your relationship with the Treasury!